Saturday 16 March 2013

About this blog



Hi there!

I am a physics M.Sc. student at the University of Western Ontario, studying gravity waves in the troposphere and lower stratosphere using radar detection.  In English: I research a particular type of wave in the atmosphere, roughly in the region from where we breathe to where planes fly.  I am currently on a CANDAC outreach project with two people from the University of Toronto, Ashley and Niall.  We are going to Igloolik, Nunavut (see map below) to teach grades 1-7 about atmospheric phenomena and measurements.

As part of my M.Sc. I am a teacher's assistant (TA) for two first year introductory physics courses.  I am writing this blog for my students' benefit, as some of them asked me to send photos back, to which I replied, "Sure!... If I have internet that will allow it."  If you are not one of my students, feel free to read along anyway.  I hope you enjoy!

Cheers,
Mel

The "A" is The University of Western Ontario, located in London, ON.  "B" is Igloolik, NU.  At 69° N, Igloolik rests within the Arctic circle; for at least a day in the summer, the sun will not set and for at least a day in the winter, the sun will not rise.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing Mel. We will read your blog to stay tuned in.

    ReplyDelete